Episode 59: Unlearn the fear of Public Speaking, with Brenden Kumarasamy
Despite being in his early 20s, Brendan has presented over 900 times.
His participation in Case Competitions (as Brendan describes them: professional sport for nerds) landed him a role at IBM.
But that’s not enough for him. Brendan started a YouTube channel called MasterTalk, where he teaches others how to unlearn the fear of public speaking.
There’s so much advice packed into this episode – enjoy!
Find out more about Brenden Kumarasamy and MasterTalk.
- 0m 48s: Let’s talk about talking
- 3m 06s: Where the fear of public speaking comes from
- 6m 50s: Unlearning the fear
- 11m 27s: Reducing the fraud
- 14m 39s: Public speaking vs workplace presentations
- 17m 56s: This didn’t come naturally (nor did the language)
- 20m 40s: How Case Competitions work
- 23m 50s: What the future holds
- 26m 25s: Ask yourself one hard question about life every day
- 30m 31s: Giving away my best bits for free
- 35m 03s: The random word exercise