Episode 50: Keeping it in the family, with Ian McIlroy
This is a special one for me, as I sit down face-to-face with my Father-in-Law – and editor of The Career Dad Show – Ian.
We look at Ian’s career of teaching abroad; and what it was like leaving the UK with a young child.
I also ask Ian for his favourite Career Dad episode, how his family dynamic was so alien to me, and what it’s been like for him during lockdown as a Shielded person.
- 1m 56s: Teaching abroad with the MOD
- 9m 29s: French, Spanish, German and Greek
- 13m 05s: Moving abroad with a young kid
- 16m 16s: Paternity leave: Now and then
- 18m 10s: What’s your favourite Career Dad Show episode?
- 21m 31s: Biggest struggles of lockdown
- 22m 45s: My daughter moved away from home at 16
- 25m 49s: Retiring, and moving back to the UK
- 29m 12s: Gratitude for the supporting cast
- 32m 20s: Being shielded during lockdown
- 38m 27s: You’re just like The Borg