Episode 48: Becoming a fitter, healthier dad, with Darren Kirby
Darren was an avid gym-goer who worked a busy job in The City. He thought he was pretty fit until he started training for a Triathlon, and realised he couldn’t swim a pool-length without getting out of breath.
9 months later – and 28 kilos lighter – Darren’s a different man. He’s now left his corporate job and runs Fitter, Healthier Dad – with a goal to impact 1 million dads.
Darren shares his journey with weightless, getting fitter, and how he’s transformed his life to now be training for the World Ironman Championships. Oh, there’s a little spoiler in this podcast, too.
- 1m 28s: Losing 28 kgs in 9 months
- 8m 45s: Weightloss: Should we care about the scales?
- 11m 52s: The problem with The Western diet
- 20m 04s: Just change one thing
- 22m 31s: The benefit of exercise for mental health
- 25m 28s: Creating Fitter, Healthier Dad
- 28m 09s: The information is what the information is
- 30m 17s: Common barriers to making change
- 32m 17s: Training for an Ironman
- 34m 12s: My kids’ attitudes to exercise (and screen time)
- 36m 34s: Running two businesses at the same time
- 38m 08s: How to find out more about Fitter, Healthier Dad