Episode 41: Building a home, with Paul Trudel-Payne
Today I’m joined by Paul Trudel-Payne, who left his job at Microsoft to become a full time realtor and interior designer.
Paul talks about growing up in the US as a bi-racial gay man, as well as going through the adoption process with his husband. He shares his story of heartache, anxieties, and how he dreads the conversation with his African-American son about what it means to be a minority in America.
So without further ado, let’s meet Paul.
- 2m 16s: Loving the idea of home
- 5m 18s: Flipping homes and diversified incomes
- 11m 29s: Going through the adoption process as a gay man
- 20m 49s: Raising a minority child in America
- 27m 07s: What if the baby had a defect?
- 33m 32s: The whole 1 kid 2 kid thing