Episode 34: The Pursuit of Meaning, with Sean Sheppard
This week I’m joined by Sean Sheppard, a Silicon Valley serial entrepreneur, Venture Capitalist, CEO of GrowthX, Educator, Mentor, Husband, Father… and all round nice guy.
Sean and I talk about why entrepreneurs fail, creating fake environments for our kids, and how the most toxic thing we can do is to talk negatively to ourselves.
We also talk about meaning, and why Sean pursues meaning over happiness.
- 0m 33s: Life of a venture capitalist
- 7m 53s: Why entrepreneurs fail
- 10m 38s: How lockdown is effecting business and personal life
- 15m 06s: Being kind to yourself
- 28m 35s: Building global businesses. Being a dad
- 34m 59s: Advice for new dads