Episode 20: Overcoming addiction, with Owen Jones
Hey podcast, in this episode I’m joined by Owen Jones, who’s opening gambit was ‘I’m an ex-alcoholic, and I can help people’. Owen talks about his relationship with alcohol alongside his high-powered career and loving family, the coping mechanisms, and, ultimately, overcoming his addiction.
Alongside his day job Owen’s become a personal trainer, and also recently started a website ‘DrunkDadToDryDad.com’. I hope you enjoy.
- 1m 10s: Introduction
- 3m 53s: ‘I’m an ex-alcoholic and I can help people’
- 10m 14s: ‘My hangover route’: coping mechanisms
- 12m 30s: When therapy and AA didn’t work, I had to sort myself out
- 16m 10s: Building mental resilience: flipping quitting on its head
- 22m: To quit, or not to quit
- 25m 58s: Looking forward: A new life