Episode 2: Changing careers for better balance, with David Chater
This week I speak with David Chater, who swapped his Sheffield to London commute for 1 day a week travel and 4 days from home. Working through Economic Change as a Salesforce Super Dad, David has breakfast with his son, blasts through the day’s activities during school hours, then gets to pick up as a family right where he left off.
In this episode, David explains what led him to this change, how he went about implementing it, and what tips he has for others who are thinking about a similar journey.
- 1m 10s: What Is economic change?
- 2m: 49s: Managing balance
- 3m 42s: Taking work home
- 7m 07s: Time for change
- 10m 53s: Understanding the risks
- 13m 12s: The expectations of career progression
- 17m 39s: The positives of being forced into decisions
- 19m 00s: Becoming a Salesforce Super Dad
- 23m 26s: A whole new set-up
- 25m 15s: The ability to switch off…. sort of
- 26m 40s: Top tips for embracing change