Episode 17: Being a Therapist, with Leigh Spatcher
Hey Podcast, in this episode I catch up with Leigh Spatcher, a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist – or CBT – based in Northampton. Leigh shares his route to becoming a therapist, including bankruptcy and a relationship breakdown, as well as navigating being a therapist whilst also being a dad.
Oh, Leigh was also my therapist, which makes for an interesting chat. Hope you enjoy.
- Becoming a therapist: guilt and anxiety
- Opening a health club for kids
- Dealing with bankruptcy
- Retraining, and being a “weekend dad”
- Being a therapist in the NHS
- The three types of therapists
- Three reasons I didn’t want to have therapy
- How being a therapist has impacted my parenting
- How to access therapy