Episode 12: Contracting and 2 kids under 2, with Ade Ahmadu
The life of a contractor can sound really appealing. After all, some of those day rates are insane. But what about time off for family? Or holidays? Or sick leave? How do you find balance when you’re paid a day rate… and those days may not be 9-5.
In “Contracting and 2 kids under 2”, I speak with Ade who opens up what it’s really like being a contractor, as well as having 2 boys under 2 years old. He’s got some amazing advice on how to plan as a contractor, as well as for those thinking of making the leap from permanent employment.
- 2 kids under 2
- Life of a contractor
- Being promoted in the contracting world
- Future planning: the 3-5 year strategy
- Working round the clock vs work-life balance
- Want to progress? Get the face time
- Making the jump from permanent to contracting
- At the base of the first summit with gender equality