Episode 10: Being a solo dad, with Michael Ray
When Michael’s daughter, Charlie, was 2 years old, he was waiting at the drop off point to meet Charlie’s mum. She never turned up. For the last 6 years, Michael has been bringing up his daughter on his own. Oh, and did I mention Michael was 51 when this happened, and is an ex-bouncer, body builder and personal trainer?
Michael delves in to what it was like raising his daughter, fighting stereotypes, and also turning into a campaigner and reformer after being banned from Charlie’s ballet school.
- Raising my daughter as a single dad
- Purposefully staying single for 5 years
- Being really ill puts everything into perspective
- Sunday = Charlie’s Day
- How do you manage being a single dad? As a man?
- Going international: Getting banned from Charlie’s ballet concert
- Solo dad to public speaker, equality campaigner and reformer
- Setting kids up for success
- Hopes for the future